Monday, November 4, 2013

A LIVING GOD


His eyes bloomed 
And lips trembled in enthusiasm 
As soon he heard my murmuring.
I offered him a red ochre dhoti 
Pasted sandal paste on his forehead
When the next holy mass feast came 
In our temple.
He spoke then, shaking his body
And in a vague language 
Devotees were in salvation 
As they got a new man God
He is not now the past Begger 
Waiting for food in the holy feast
With thirsty eyes on outside temple 
He is a famous man God 
Sometimes I laugh thinking 
Why not I be a man God
No, I do like the simple life 
And the more I respect money 
Earning in my sweat drops 

2 comments:

  1. Loved the poem. It is strange how people don't believe in humanity but prefer to believe in Godmen in instead.

    ReplyDelete

Haiku #22 (Life)

  in  the prison of time , a  prince of dreams  ; handcuffed with fate